“This resets the bar for what people will expect of productivity applications in the cloud” – Kurt DelBene, president of the Microsoft Office Division on the launch of Office 365
Office 365 is the new cloud-based product suite from Microsoft, targeted for small to big business enterprises. This revolutionary cloud computing suite for managing all enterprise level communication have been hailed as one of the smartest offerings from the stable of Microsoft Inc. Using Office 365, your business can now use all the following products from the same dashboard
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, and more.
- Microsoft Exchange Online: Enterprise class email, shared calendars, contacts, antivirus/spam, offline sync, archiving.
- Microsoft SharePoint Online:Collaboration, Enterprise Search, Document Repository, Workflow Mgmt, and Intranets/Extranets
- Microsoft Lync Online: Sharing desktops, Web Conferencing (1:1 and multi-party), Internal Instant Messenger and Presence Awareness.
Office 365 accurately lives up-to its tag line: Microsoft Office 365: The Power to Think Big and Be Small, to Be Big and Act Fast”. By providing its users the ability to manage such a wide array of services from a single base, Microsoft has certainly unleashed the power of cloud computing to the fullest.
Office 365 is an upgraded and vastly enhanced version of Microsoft Business Productivity Online Suite, popularly known as BPOS. The new entrant into this highly powerful cloud computing suite is Lync Online and the integration of Microsoft Web Apps. Microsoft Lync Online is the successor to Office Communications Online and Live Meeting, bundled together. With several advanced features like Web conference, Unified Communications Application, Lync Web Application and many more, Microsoft Lync Online has already climbed all popularity charts.
Another significant breakthrough is the inclusion of Web Apps. Users will now be able to use the office web apps, which were anticipated from Microsoft for long time. This user interface and combination of applications will mean that business users can enjoy the familiarity of Microsoft Office with full Cloud advantages.
Some of the major benefits of using Microsoft Office 365 are:
- Access your mails, presentations and documents, calendar from anywhere, anytime. Create, edit and modify on the go.
- Collaborate with your employees seamlessly with Lync Online
- Online video and audio conferencing without any hassles
- Much lower upfront costs vs traditional software licenses
- 24 hours technical support via email and phone (they are amazing….)
- No server (harware) investment and maintenance (electricity, storage)- A big one!
- No downtime
- Recognize investment as a expense rather than capex
- You always have the latest software technologies (the latest versions of the products!, no more upgrades!)
- If your laptop is stolen, plug in a new one and you are good to go!
- User subscription model allows for more accurate forecasting of IT expenditures
With economical subscription plans starting from just $10 per user per month, you can also select specific services like Microsoft SharePoint for just $5.25 per user per month. With Office 365, now can access email, surf the web, check your calendar, add contacts and edit documents from virtually anywhere. Seamless work with 99.99% guaranteed up time, IT level support and disaster recovery is now possible with Office 365.
If you want to efficiently manage your IT infrastructure with a phased growth plan and scalable features, then contact us to learn more about Microsoft Office 365.
We would love to know your opinion and feedback for this blog. Use the comments section below.
Interested in learning more? Talk to us