With industry research reporting that anywhere between 60-70% of online customers abandon their carts before making a purchase, having a user-friendly ecommerce site is imperative for the success of your online business. But how do you know if your site is user-friendly enough?
By offering your customers the most streamlined, user-friendly ecommerce site possible you can improve the customer experience, increase conversions and encourage repeat customers. Outside of website design basics of having an attractive, uniquely branded and SEO optimized site, here are the top 5 elements needed to ensure your ecommerce site the most user-friendly it can be:
1. Clear and Concise Navigation: A clear and concise navigation is the number one element in creating a user-friendly ecommerce site. If your customers can’t find what they are looking for, there’s no way they’ll make it to the checkout page. But no matter how easy it is to navigate your site, you should still always also offer them the option of speaking to a real person.
In the example below, the home page of Chic Buggy’s, (a site we designed using Magento ecommerce software) features:
- A main navigation that clearly defines each type of product
- A customer service number displayed in the upper right hand corner of every page on the site
2. Streamlined Checkout: If a customer entered a brick and mortar store and saw a checkout line that wrapped around the store, chances are he or she would walk right out. Online it’s no different. A quick and easy checkout is an important element for any user-friendly ecommerce site. Streamline your checkout process with a single page checkout, or a 2-step checkout process consisting of a shipping page and a payment page.
3. Quality Hardware and Software: Powering your ecommerce site with the right hardware and software can boost your website’s load time—and prevent shopping cart abandonment. Because if your site is too slow, users can just as quickly open a new tab and shop at your competitors’ sites. This means making sure that your servers and Internet connection are fast and powerful enough to respond to every customer’s attempt to view your site. And it also means building your site with the right ecommerce software.
From Magento to Volusion to Paypal and Netsuite, there are a variety of options. Wondering which one is best for you? Onsearch Interactive provides expert ecommerce consulting—so don’t hesitate to ask us!
4. Attractive Product Display: How you display your products, especially in a retail environment, can make or break your ecommerce site’s sales. Make your site as user friendly as possible by:
- presenting your products in a clean and organized manner
- offering high quality images of each product
- giving the option to enlarge each image for a better view.
In the example below, our client BoardBrokers clearly displays each of its products with a high quality image, the price, detailed product information, an option to view a larger image and a clear call to action.
5. Flexibility: Today’s consumer is savvy, smart and constantly changing. So it’s important to analyze your customers’ behavior and adapt your ecommerce site accordingly. To do so, it’s imperative to select an ecommerce software solution that is feature-rich and customizable according to the unique needs of your business and your customers.
Ecommerce software platforms such as Magento give you complete flexibility and control over the look, content, and functionality of your online store, so you can stay up to date with the changing needs of your customer base.
Are you looking for ecommerce website design Miami? Or do you want to find out if your existing ecommerce site is user-friendly enough? At Onsearch Interactive, we offer design, implementation, customization, and ecommerce development Miami including Magento, Volusion, Paypal, OSCommerce, Xcart, Netsuite, and more. Contact us today to find out how we can create a user-friendly ecommerce site for your business.