At Onsearch Interactive, we create stunning, effective websites for business in a variety of industries. In fact, we’ve even won awards for our web design. Throughout the process we get a lot of questions from our clients, but one of the most frequently asked questions we hear is “How much does a website cost?”
Our answer is always the same: That’s the same as asking how much a car costs.
The Cost of Building a Website
Cars come in a variety of makes and models, sizes and types. And they have endless options for add-ons (leather seats, cruise control, AWD… you get the idea). Websites are no different. That said, there are many things to consider when determining the price of a website, such as:
- What is the purpose of the website? What do you want to achieve with it?
- How many pages will you need?
- Do you need ecommerce capabilities?
- Do you want a blog?
- Do you already have a logo and branding?
- Will you need to regularly edit the content of your site?
- How many visitors do you expect every month?
- Will your site require multilingual support?
- Have you written effective copy for your site?
- Do you have any special requirements in terms of functionality and/or integration with 3rd parties?
- What is your budget?
And the list goes on and on.
The Cost of On-going Maintenance
Just like a car, in addition to the “purchase price,” your website will also require a certain amount of maintenance to ensure it maintains its optimal performance. First you consider the cost of hosting, which is typically billed monthly. And of course you will want to put your website in front of as many potential customers if you are looking to utilize your website as an effective marketing tool. Some ways to do this are:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Pay Per Click Advertising (PPC)
- Email Marketing
- Social Media
- Display Advertising
(Don’t worry, if the above sounds overwhelming, we’re experts in the disciplines above and we’re always here to help.)
The Best Way to Determine the Actual Cost of your Website
As you can see, there are so many variables to the size and scope of a website that it’s close to impossible to put a general price on it. What we recommend is to sit down with a reputable and well-established marketing and design firm to get a quote.
If you are considering building (or improving) a website for your business, bank or financial institution, our award-winning design team can provide a free quote. Click here to contact us today.